This month, EVmatch will be exhibiting at the 2019 Solar Power International trade show in Salt Lake City alongside startups, government agencies, and fortune-500 companies. Entrepreneurs from all over the world will come together to spread ideas on how to power the clean energy economy. If you’ll be attending, be sure to connect with us at our booth #7124 in the EV charging section of the show.
In that spirit, we’re excited to kick off September with news of our partnership with another clean energy company, Sunrun – the leader in home solar.
For a limited time, we’re offering $250 cash back* to California customers who purchase a qualifying solar system from Sunrun. Solar customers can lease a system so you pay $0 upfront.
Electric vehicles and solar panels are a match made in heaven
When you install a solar energy system on your home, you can use it to both power your home and charge your electric car for a zero emissions lifestyle. With the cost of solar falling rapidly, the ability to install a solar PV system large enough to power both your home and your car is proving a great investment.
Why go solar?
- Increase home value by an average of $30,000
- Enjoy powering your EV on sunshine instead of on expensive and dirty fossil fuels
- 30% federal solar tax credit available, but will decrease at the end of the year
Take advantage of this limited-time offer before it expires.
Need more convincing? Here are some solar facts to help you make the switch:
- Residential solar energy owners are eligible for the federal solar tax credit, allowing you to deduct 30% of the cost of installing a solar energy system from your federal taxes, but these savings will decrease at the end of the year.
- Many states have incentives and rebate programs for solar panel installation. Policies vary by state, so find out what’s offered in yours when considering solar for your home.
- The average cost of solar has fallen more than 60% since 2010, and the average system cost is $2.80 per watt.
- You don’t have to purchase your solar panels outright! You can lease your entire systemto help make the installation cheaper upfront.
- The payback period for a solar panel system that costs around $15,000 (after incentives and rebates), including more than $2,000/year electricity cost savings, is about 7 to 10 years. After that, you’ll continue saving for the next 25+ years over the lifetime of the panels!
- It takes about 12 solar panels to charge an electric car per day, assuming that you’re charging a Tesla with a 75-kWh battery and drive an average of 37 miles per day.
By installing solar now, you’ll have that power for 25 years, meaning your next EV or three will be just as easy and inexpensive to charge!
If you’re considering installing a home charging station to accompany your solar system, be sure to take advantage of the following local rebate programs for residential charging equipment. Solar Edge offers a 2-in-1 EV charger and solar inverter, reducing your installation costs – a wise purchase if you’re planning to install solar and EV charging together.
California Rebate Programs for EV Charging Equipment
- Anaheim Public Utilities: $500 rebate for a Level 2 charger
- Glendale Water and Power: $500 rebate for a Level 2 charger
- Los Angeles Department of Water and Power: $500 rebate for a Level 2 charger
- Pasadena Water and Power: $600 rebate for a “Wi-Fi enabled” Level 2 charger or $200 rebate for a standard (Non Wi-Fi) Level 2 charger.
- Sacramento Municipal Utility District: $599 cash incentive or a free Level 2 charger from ClipperCreek
- Sonoma Clean Power: Free JuiceNet-enabled Level 2 charger from Enel X
- South Coast AQMD: $250 rebate for a Level 2 charger and an additional $250 for low-income residents
*California Customers will be eligible for $250 cash back from EVmatch after submitting required contact information to Sunrun through the link on this page and completing the purchase of a qualifying solar system.